Decor Break: Birch Wood

Thursday, March 4, 2010

When I was a kid and we first moved from Washington to California, we lived in a tiny corner house in the downtown area of a very small town. The place was more yard than house, and I was perpetually amazed by the constant sunshine and availability of playing outside. Around the side of the house by the little laundry room was a scraggly old birch tree, I was entranced by it and made every excuse to play around it. I like to keep a little bit of birch wood in my home for memory's sake and for decoration; it's a beautiful wood full of character and humility. Its neutral tones and subtle texture lend well to just about any style of decorating.

Gone Loopy Wreath by NHWoodscreations, $35
Birch Wood Coasters by BBBCraft, $30
Birch Bark Vase Sleeve by Bettula, $28
Artisan Bread Board by KnottyKnotty, $34

0 comments: